This company was founded by Laksar Reese, a professional musician and woodwind repair technician. He used his unique knowledge as a pro player and woodwind repair tech. to assist in the design of the International Woodwind line of musical instruments. We specialize in making ‘high quality woodwind instruments at affordable prices.’This company has been in operation since 2000 and is based out of Hollywood, California. Please refer to the section below to read more about Laksar Reese’s musical biography.
This company offers a complete line of pro and student level saxophones & flutes, that Laksar Reese has designed. Modern saxophones with the vintage saxophone sound. Available in Matte finish, Gold Plate, Black Nickel and Lacquer. We recently released the IW 661 Bass Saxophone to world wide acclaim. They play and look great. For information on our complete line of saxophones and woodwind instruments we invite you to visit our online catalogue.
Musical Bio Of Our President
Laksar Reese – is a Los Angeles Based Saxophonist/Flautist, Bandleader, composer, arranger & Business owner. In addition to being the president of International Woodwind, Inc, he tours throughout the U.S. with the Chuchito Valdes Afro-Cuban ensemble. He also leads his straight-ahead jazz ensembles on Tenor/Soprano Saxophones and Flute. He has performed worldwide touring throughout the United States, U.S.A, Taiwan, Europe, Australia, Mexico, Cuba and the Caribbean. He performs frequently around Los Angeles, Chicago, and throughout the Midwest leading his Jazz Quintet and as a sideman with the Chuchito Valdes.He received a Bachelor of Fine arts degree in Music Performance from Cornish College of the arts, in Seattle, U.S.A.
Here he studied with some of the great jazz masters, such as Hadley Caliman on saxophone, Julian Priester, compostion and arranging, and Paul Taub – Classical Flute studies. These great musicians had performed and toured with John Coltrane, Max Roach, Dexter Gordon, Freddie Hubbard, Duke Ellington and many more. For the past six years Laksar Reese has been a featured member of the Chuchito Valdés Afro-Cuban Ensemble. He recorded and co-produced the Latin Jazz Album – “Encantado” with Chuchito Valdés which was released on the New York Based Record Company – Towncrier Recordings. The 2nd CD by this ensemble was also co-produced by Laksar Reese, entitled”La Timba” distributed by SONY discos.
CLICK HERE to hear sound samples/purchase CD’s.
Below are some of the venues performed with Chuchito Valdes.
- Orchestra Hall in Detroit November 9th, 2001. – Detroit, Michigan
- Yerba Buena Festival Of Cuban Music – August of 2001
- Havana Jazz Festival Dec. 2000 – Havana, Cuba
- Cancun Jazz Festival May 2001. – Cancun, Mexico
- Birdland Jazz Club, NY – April 2002 – New York, NY
- Concerts for the Jazz Institute of Chicago – April 2001, June 2002 – Chicago, IL
- Grinnell College, IA March, 2002 – University Concert. Grinnell, Iowa
- Cancun Jazz Festival – May, 2002 – Cancun, Mexico
- AT&T San Jose Jazz Festival – August 11th – 2002 – San Jose, California
- Summerdance Chicago – August 23rd, 2002 – Chicago, Illinois
- Chicago Jazz Festival – Sept 1 , 2002 – Chicago, Illinois
- Detroit Jazz festival – Sept. 2nd, 2002 – Detroit, Michigan
- Brownsville Latin Jazz Festival – October 18th, 2002 – Brownsville, Texas
- Boulder Theater – March of 2005
- Erie Jazz Festival, Erie, PN , August of 2004
- Hot Summer Nights – Vail, CO, August 2003
- Telluride Jazz Festival august 2003 & 2004
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass August of 2003, 2004, and 2005
- New Bern Jazz Society Concert Performance – July of 2005
- Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL – Oct 15th, 2005
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame – Cleveland, Ohio, Oct. 22nd, 2005